The Heineken Ignite interactive bottle is born from Heineken’s ambition to develop an idea that would create a memorable Heineken experience unlocking the power and possibilities of mobile innovation and technology. They followed an innovative project methodology developed by Tribal DDB called ‘SPARK’. It’s an innovation process which blends inspiration, ideation and creation to produce an actual working prototype which can be tested in the real world.
The project is run like a start-up, which means collaborative ideation, rapid prototyping, multiple rounds of user testing and feedback, all under tight timings.
The first 3 day workshop was held end of February in Amsterdam where the Global Heineken Digital team and Tribal DDB Amsterdam built a multidisciplinary creative team partnering with Massive Music, Contagious, the Global Heineken Design team and independent experts from a wide range of industries. Over the 3 days the team goes from a TED like inspiration workshop on day 1, to ideation and refinement of ideas during day 2 and 3.
A total of 3 fully fledged briefings were chosen, one of which gets the go-ahead for prototype development. The selected brief was based on the idea that when people ‘cheers’ with their bottles, ‘something magical’ should happen: a Heineken moment.
- Smart Beer from Heineken (adverblog.com)
- Heineken Ignite: Interactive LED Beer Bottles (curiousfridays.wordpress.com)
- Heineken launches The Hangover-style online reality TV series (guardian.co.uk)
- Heineken’s Lost Plan To Build Houses Out Of Beer Bottles (fastcodesign.com)
- Heineken Creates Social Christmas Tree (epiphanysearch.co.uk)